- Financial Plan
- Engineering & Utilities
- Public Works & Operations
- Land Use & Planning
- By-Law Enforcement
- Building Permits & Regulations
- Building Permits
- Decks / Fences / Hedges
- Storage Sheds
- Swimming Pools / Hot Tubs
- Waste, Recycling & Composting Services
- Fire & Emergency Services
- Property Tax Information
- Election Services
- Sale of Property Ownership Maps
- 2016 Spring Road Restrictions
Swimming Pools / Hot Tubs
SWIMMING POOLS & HOT TUBS -
Effective January 1, 2015, all private swimming pools and/or hot tubs capable of containing a water depth greater than 24 inches (600 mm) require a building permit and must be inspected by the Municipal Building Inspector.
All private pools must be completely enclosed with a fence or other suitable barrier erected in accordance with the Building Code as follows:
- The fence must have a minimum height of 1.5 meters (5 ft) including a gate which shall be self-closing and equipped with a lockable latch to prevent unauthorized entry;
- There shall be no openings other than the entry to a building or gate and it shall be constructed so as to prevent a child from crawling under either the fence or the gate;
- Where other than the chain link is used, the outside surface of the enclosure shall be relatively smooth so as not to provide foot or toe holds; and
- The enclosure surrounding an outdoor pool shall be maintained in good repair.
NOTE: Current Provincial Regulations do not allow any type of POOL COVERS as an acceptable alternative for the required fence (July 2014). Lockable Hot Tub covers are accepted.
Please contact the municipal Permit Clerk @ (204) 346-7125 for permit information.