RM of Hanover accepts many methods of payment. Please view the list below for the option that works best for you.
- Property Taxes are due on the last business day in October.
- Utility Bills are due on the date indicated on your statement.
- If your address has changed, please contact us immediately at 204-326-4488 and provide us with the correct information.
- If a change of ownership has occurred, please return the property tax bill to our office.
- Failure to receive a bill does not excuse an owner from the responsibility for payment of taxes nor relieve the owner from the liability for any late fee penalties. The name and address which appears on property tax bills is the latest information available to us.
Credit Card with OptionPay
|An online payment processing service that accepts Visa and Mastercard (service fee applies). OptionPay can be used to pay property taxes, utilities, and account receivables. OptionPay is also available at the RM of Hanover office (service fee applies). Go to OptionPay.|
Pre-Authorized Debit Plan (PADP)
|The PADP allows automatic pre-authorized debit withdrawals from your bank account. Sign up for Pre-Authorized Debit Plan.|
Online payments can be made through most major banks and financial institutions.
To avoid late fees, make payments two-three (2-3) business days prior to the due date. See below for setting up the RM of Hanover with your online banking for the first time.
|This option is only available for Building Permits. E-Transfer payments MUST be pre-arranged and include a designated file number provided by the RM of Hanover Planning Department. Call 204-346-7126 to make arrangements.|
|RM of Hanover building at 28 Westland Drive, just off PTH 52.|
Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. Please remember to bring your bill statement. We accept cheque, cash, debit card, and credit card using OptionPay (service fee applies).
|You can also make your payment in-person at your bank. To avoid late fees, make payments five business days prior to the due date.|
|Cheques and money orders should be made payable to: The Rural Municipality of Hanover and can be mailed to the following address, along with the bottom portion of your tax statement(s): The Rural Municipality of Hanover, 28 Westland Drive, Mitchell, Manitoba, R5G 2N9|
Please make sure that our office receives your payment prior to the due date. Your cheque may be post-dated to the due date. Receipts for payment will not be mailed unless requested.
|Our drop box is located at the main entrance of the RM of Hanover building at 28 Westland Drive.|
If you are unable to come to our office during regular hours of operation (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm), you may place your payment in our drop box. For tax bills, please include the bottom portion of your tax bill with your payment.
Please do not place cash in the drop box.