Tiny Home Permits

Tiny Homes are not considered a separate or unique category of building in the RM of Hanover. They are treated as any other dwelling unit and fit into one of two categories; they are either mobile homes or houses.

The RM of Hanover requires that all dwellings, no matter their size, conform to the Zoning By-Law and Manitoba Building Code. The same documentation is required to build or install a "Tiny” home as a regular house or mobile home. If the home is on a chassis and wheels, it is considered a mobile home and must have a CSA number or be certified by the Office of the Fire Commissioner. Alternately, it is a house and proper drawings must be submitted.

For more information contact the Permit Administrator at 204-346-7125 or email permits@hanovermb.ca.