The Pre-Authorized Debit Plan (PADP) allows for automatic pre-authorized debit withdrawals from your bank account in monthly instalments for property taxes and/or utilities. With no line ups, no late fees, no service charges and no postage, pre-authorized payments are a convenient payment method for residents.
Automatic withdrawal dates are on the 15th of each month.
For property taxes, the payment amount is based on the previous years tax amount for the months of January to June. Once the current year's Levy is added to your tax account (months of January to June will be displayed on your tax bill as credits), the monthly amount adjusts to the balance owing for the remainder months from July to December.
Why should I sign up?
- It’s more economical
- Eliminate the added cost of postage. Say goodbye to late fees and interest charges.
- It’s convenient.
- Never miss a payment or waste time waiting in line to pay your tax bill.
- It allows for easier monthly financial planning.
- Signing up for PAD is the easiest way to budget for your tax payments throughout the year with no additional service fees!
How do I sign up?
Step 1– Complete and submit an application form. Forms can also be requested at the RM of Hanover office.
Step 2 - Attach a blank cheque marked "VOID” and indicate on the form if it is a personal or business cheque.
Step 3 – Return application and void cheque to: RM of Hanover, 28 Westland Drive, Mitchell, MB, R5G 2N9
Submit your application before the end of the month to be eligible for the next months withdrawal beginning on the 15th of the month.
How do I cancel the Pre-Authorized Debit Plan?
To withdraw from the PADP program, complete an application form and check off "Cancel Pre-Authorized Payments" and submit the form to the office.
- To be eligible your account(s) must be paid in full prior to applying (no arrears for taxes or utility accounts).
- If you own multiple properties in the RM of Hanover, complete one application per property.
- Line of credit accounts and credit card cheques cannot be used for pre-authorized payments.
- If you have sold your home, you must complete a cancellation form and reapply to the program with your new property information.
- To change your mailing address, contact the tax clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-346-7124.
- If you wish to make changes to your banking information, complete a PADP Application and check off "Change in Banking".
- Any changes to your account information must be submitted by the last day of the month prior to withdrawal.
- Other charges that are added to your tax bill cannot be paid through the PADP and must be settled separately.
- If a payment does not clear the bank, an administrative fee and interest (1.25% per month) will apply. Residents will then be removed from the PADP.